Wednesday, December 21, 2011

musings on millionairesses

I took my car in for an oil change, tire balance & rotation, software update, and Auto Butler and they said "Alright Ma'am, have a seat over there and we'll come and get you in about three hours." THREE HOURS?!!! Who has that kind of time to just "have a seat"??!!! The kind service attendant registered my obvious look of discontentment and offered, "Or if you're interested, we can have our driver take you somewhere!" 

And so Clinton, the driver, shuttled my ass to the nearest YMCA. The Y in Daphne is so much nicer than the Y downtown (which is the one that I always work out at). It doesn't have that weird rubbery track smell (like 5th Deck Roland) and all the cardio machines have their own television screens. I watched two episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker and ran 7 miles. Awesome.

It was a real treat for me because the "free basic cable" that comes with my apartment has been down for.. uhh... a few months. I'm not a big television watcher, but every so often I do enjoy several dead-brained hours of Bravo. 

There were three millionairesses in the two episodes that I watched, which I thought was pretty awesome. It must be tough to be a woman on that show, though. The line-up that Patti picked out for the women was chock full of greasy, schmucky dudes whose eyes were practically rolling in their skulls with $$ signs. Of course when the millionaires are dudes, it really isn't any different for their picking pool. This show is so incredibly shallow. That might be why I love it??


I bet you couldn't find me a bloke as dashing as the one I've already got, Patti!

It's late. I'm tired. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment